Saturday, July 30, 2011

Photos While Waiting

The other night I went into town to meet B and her friends for dinner.

They were still in the movie when I arrived at the meeting place, so I wandered around near the Judenplatz (where the Judenplatz Holocaust Memorial is---a striking work) and took some pics. Then later, eating outside at the Bieradies (website is in German, but look at the pics) I got a few long-exposure night shots...

Scenario: you're wandering down a dark alley when you encounter---THE BONERSQUAD!
Is it cause for panic, or joy? Only you can decide. (Sticker I saw on a car.)

Here's the inner courtyard of the old Rathaus (city hall), recently restored.

Detail of one of the figurines on the ironwork at the old Rathaus.

In this 1-second exposure you see a rogue group of Segway enthusiasts.
About ten of these guys descended on the Judenplatz, zipped around, then left.

Another group of people who showed up at dusk were photographers.
Serious amateurs or pros, judging by the equipment I saw.
They took a lot of upwardly-aimed shots of architectural details of the buildings...

People enjoying drinks and dinner on the Judenplatz.

No comments: