Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Book of Thomas / The Book of John

We arrived from Italy late Saturday evening.

Early Monday morning, B had to fly to France for work.

It was strange, suddenly being away from her after the longest time we've spent together in our seven-year-long relationship....but she's coming home from France today and I used the time alone to catch up on this blog, writing about our Italy adventure.

----

The only thing of note that occurred in my time alone was, I went to pick up the blank book Thomas Eisendle, the bookbinder, made for me.

Labor and materials, I have about $100 in the book. I'd given Thomas a little extra and asked him to create something one of a kind, instead of an ordinary bound book. The finished piece is about 12 inches tall, 9.5 inches wide, and about 1.5 inches thick, and has 200 pieces of paper in it.

Front cover
Back cover. Hard to see, but the bottom left corner protector is also yellow.
Opened
Thomas signed the book for me: "A book from the heart, for John."
 Thomas Eisendle, the bookbinder, with the book he made for me.

2 comments:

Mod said...

Nice looking book! You better bring it with you the next time we get together.
:)

John X said...

I'm not sure that book will ever leave the house, paisan, but I've got a work-around:

You and the Mrs. come over for a home-cooked dinner. I'll feed you and show you the book.

That yellow paper on the front and back cover, BTW, I'd originally intended for the inside...but then thought it would look cooler outside. Thomas agreed, but warned me I'd have to be more careful lest the cover paper tear.