Thursday, December 17, 2009

Strasbourg Pics (click pics to enlarge)



I assume this was originally a private home in Strasbourg (and may still be.)
I can imagine my lawyer and friend, John Law, holding fabulous dinner / poker parties from just such an abode. Spotted on my walk along the canal.


Strasbourg is a beautiful city with canals running through it...
 

You're starting to get the idea.


You still see these around and though I used to hate the looks of them, 
reading the Wikipedia article about them made me a fan. Wish I had one!
 
One of the tourist boats that sails the canals of Strasbourg.


One of many beautiful buildings in Strasbourg.


Saw several of these little groceries in Strasbourg.
Is Safeway or the like really "better?"


A building in Strasbourg decorated for Christmas.


A pretzel stand in one of the many Christmas markets in Strasbourg. 
French woman not included. Void where prohibited.

The exterior of the Cafe Brant in Strasbourg. 
A great place for dinner or a drink.
Be sure to check the HISTORY page for a great series of old pics of this great establishment!

No comments: