Monday, January 7, 2008

Dammit!

Last time I was here, in October, B and I took a trip to Italy. When I got back, I got a bad cold.

This time, after our return from Prague, I got a bad cold.

WTF? It's no fun being sick while on vacation. Not to mention, both last visit and this visit I'd made plans to visit our friend Franz for a game of snooker and had to cancel each time because of a damned cold.

Maybe it's the flying into other countries, hitting them like a whirlwind, and flying back within a day or two. Maybe it's too much for me. Or maybe I've been getting sick on vacation because there's enough time to do it....my body knows to do it when I don't have to go to work, etc.

Ah, well.

I want to get better quick. We're going to the opera Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T,
It's the 'foreign germ' syndrome. You are exposed to variations of the cold virus you haven't seen before and to which you have no immunity. The only way to avoid it is to wash your hands frequently and keep them away from you mouth, nose and eyes.
Mod